top of page

Acerca de


Good news! Many insurance companies help cover the cost of childbirth education classes. 

To find out whether your plan will cover the cost of your childbirth education classes, you will first want to call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card.


Tell them you want to take a childbirth class and ask what the process is to have your class covered. They will be able to tell you what and how much they will pay towards childbirth education classes. Most insurance plans cover chidbirth classes either partially or in full.

There are two pieces of information you need to give your insurance company when asking about coverage:  the CPT code (so they can appropriately document the purpose) and the diagnosis code (that tells them why you should be covered)

  • CPT code for childbirth classes is: S9436 or S9442 

  • Diagnosis code Z32.2, which is for childbirth education

Once you know how much your insurance will cover for you for your class, you need to know how to do it. Most of the time you will pay out of pocket for the class. Then you will have to submit a form and your receipt to your insurance company. 

Once you have registered and paid for your class, we can provide you with the letter you will need for your insurance company. We don't know who is billing insurance and who is not, so you will need to ask us for the letter

Also remember that you can usually pay for your childbirth education classes from FSA or HSA funds if you have access to those accounts.

         Feeling ready to register for your childbirth education class?

Have more questions? Please email us at:   

bottom of page